Previous BCIC Ignite Awards Recipients
BCIC Ignite provides funding to accelerate commercialization of new technologies and innovations in the natural resources and applied sciences in British Columbia. The program provides awards of up to $300,000 to consortia that are conducting research projects that address a significant demonstrated problem faced by industry and will commercialize a proposed innovation within a 3-year timeframe.
Could you be next?
- Get informed – BCIC Ignite info page
- Get motivated – BCIC Ignite video
- Get started – Program guidelines
The First BCIC Ignite Awards Recipients
The first BCIC Ignite Awards on October 25, 2016 awarded a total of $838,000 to the top four BC research projects in natural resources and applied sciences:
- UBC’s Dr. Pieter Cullis working with Integrated Nanotherapeutics for increased X-ray effectiveness in cancer treatment: Awarded $300,000
- UBC’s Dr. Edouard Asselin, working to revolutionize copper production with Jetti Resources: Awarded $300,000
- Dr. David Wilkinson, UBC, working to develop an adaptable and cost-effective electrochemical cell platform with Noram Engineering: Awarded $150,000
- UNBC’s Dr. Thomas Tannert, working with FP Innovations to develop the next generation of anchors for tall wood building construction: Awarded $88,000
The Second BCIC Ignite Award Recipients
The BCIC Ignite Awards on February 7, 2017 awarded a total of $873,475 to the top three BC research projects in natural resources and applied sciences:
- UBC’s Dr. Steven Rogak, working with Hydra Energy to develop innovations in Hydrogen Internal Combustion Engine (HICE) technology: Awarded $300,000
- UVIC’s Dr. Frank Van Veggel, working with Axine Water Technologies to develop novel electro-catalyst materials that will enhance ammonia removal: Awarded $300,000
- UBC’s Dr. Jonathan Holzman, working with ExcelSense Technology to create self-cleaning camera technology for forestry and mining applications: Awarded $273,475
This brings the total amount of BCIC Ignite funding awarded to over $1.7M since the first Ignite Awards in 2016.
BCIC Ignite is funded by the Natural Resources and Applied Sciences (NRAS) Endowment Fund, which was established by the Province of British Columbia to enhance the quality of life for British Columbians by building a strong research and development, advanced training, technology transfer and commercialization environment. Assessment services are provided in collaboration with the National Research Council of Canada Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC-IRAP).
For program information, contact:
- Kailyn Skuban, Program Manager.
- T: 604-602-5205
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org