#BCTECH Summit Announces Keynote Speakers Jared Cohen and Brent Bushnell
The two global thought leaders are set to headline Western Canada’s biggest tech event
VANCOUVER, December 4, 2017 – The B.C. government and BC Innovation Council (BCIC) are excited to announce Jared Cohen and Brent Bushnell as two keynote speakers who will headline the 3rd annual #BCTECH Summit, May 14-16, 2018, in Vancouver, British Columbia. The 2018 #BCTECH Summit will explore ways technology is driving growth and change across key industries and sectors, and what companies need to do to breakthrough and emerge as global leaders.
Jared Cohen is the founder of Google Ideas, CEO of Jigsaw, a former advisor to two Secretaries of State, and a member of the Council on Foreign Relations. He is at the forefront of using technology to tackle some of the world’s toughest challenges and will shed light on the next big technological innovations and how they impact the world. He’s a New York Times bestselling author and was named one of TIME Magazine’s “100 Most Influential People” in 2013.
Brent Bushnell is the CEO and Founder of Two Bit Circus and a global leader in immersive entertainment, virtual reality, mixed reality and augmented reality. He’s an expert in the art of engagement and is passionate about creating new ways to capture people’s hearts and minds with new technology.
“The 2018 #BCTECH Summit will place ground-breaking B.C. companies and entrepreneurs centre stage, showcasing new and exciting opportunities for learning, working and investing right here in British Columbia’s thriving tech sector,” said Bruce Ralston, Minister of Jobs, Trade and Technology. “This year, I’m especially excited to welcome approximately 2,000 B.C. students as they consider tech careers that will set the course for tomorrow’s innovation economy.”
After sold out events in the first two years, the 2018 #BCTECH Summit will continue to raise the profile of British Columbia as THE place in Canada to explore, build and invest in technology. With more than 10,200 tech companies across the province, B.C. has become the new tech hub for global companies like Microsoft and Amazon and features several homegrown successes, including Slack, Hootsuite, and Avigilon.
“We are incredibly excited to once again partner with the Government of British Columbia to deliver the #BCTECH Summit,” said Carl Anderson, President and CEO of the BC Innovation Council. “This event is the largest showcase of innovation in B.C. and gives the world a glimpse of the cutting-edge, made-in-B.C. technologies that are pushing the boundaries of innovation and creating solutions for the world’s most challenging problems.”
The #BCTECH Summit attracts prominent speakers, entrepreneurs, investors, and exhibitors from all over the world. This year’s event will feature over 150 speakers and 260 exhibitors.
Other highlights include:
- Business deals through a B2B Matchmaking program, connecting technology procurement specialists with innovative B.C. based technology solutions.
- Investment opportunities through the Investment Showcase, giving investors the chance to meet with the rising stars of B.C.’s tech industry and opening the door for cross-sector investment.
- Global Thought Leadership, through keynote speakers, interactive sessions and deep dives covering innovation and its impact on the way people work, live and play.
- The largest showcase of innovation and game-changing technologies in the Marketplace, Technology Showcase, Startup Village and more.
- Youth Innovation Day, which will bring 2,000 high school students to the event to explore careers in tech and expose them to local, breakthrough technology and the companies creating the jobs of the future.
Early bird tickets are currently available for $599. To purchase tickets, or for more information about the event, visit bctechsummit.ca.